Monday, August 6, 2012

A whole lotta butt kickin.

Today was my first "real" day of band camp. (actually, it isn't over yet). Part one consisted of one of Ms. Cammack's workouts and learning the first song to our opener. Needless to say, by the title it kicked. my. butt. However! Lots of encouragement and the words I wrote on my hand (lyrics from Glisson) kept me going! Also this morning in my readings, I realized that even though it seems like when you are down and tired (and fainting, eek. another story for another time) Ms. Cammack & my captains are pushing me because they want me to be my best. We aren't against each other, they are working with me. So I ran. & if you know me at all, you know that I just DON"T run. It hurts, makes me cramp up, altogether, it's too painful to enjoy. But I did it! Several laps around the art museum at Auburn (which is super pretty) and I'm still alive. As for the choreography, I'm learning pretty fast and just have to nail some memory stuff. So that was deep, but hopefully not too boring!



I will climb this mountain with my hands wide open (Left hand) & Nothing I hold on to (Right hand)


and if that wasn't fun- be checking the mail for a special surprise from your favorite sissy!

No comments:

Post a Comment