Thursday, September 27, 2012

Throwback Thursday

So today it hit me how much I used to LOVE playing American Girl dolls with you!



We had a really good system and played so well together. And had a pretty sophisticated community for our dolls!

(the Nicki doll you worked so hard to get!)


Also honorable mentions are the Barbies, Polly Pocket's and Sweet Streets.

(I believe our Polly Pocket's that were in this box were named Libby & Alex)


Play again when I come home for Christmas?

(I love this display! I remember when Lindsey, the first girl of the year came out when I was 6)


Remember when we would come home from school and we would see that mom had been playing with our dolls? That is probably one of my favorite childhood memories. Coming home to see all our dolls set up and neat!

(I got Jenna in 2nd grade for learning my multiplication tables. When I got to 12x12 at the end of the summer, mom went to her closet at the old house and pulled out a doll box! It was the fastest I've ever answered a math problem to this day)


For some reason, all the Halloween stuff around stores made me think of it. Not sure why I associate them with each other, but I guess we did Halloween up big for the dolls, even though we never were huge Halloween people.

(for some reason  I have always loved Molly's Halloween outfit. Even though it's just a grass skirt and a sweater)


It made me think if I got another doll, which one would I get? Maybe a historical doll? Maybe a today doll! Probably one of these three or a today doll. Maybe even girl of the year 2013?





Go on My American Girl and make a doll! It's really fun! Also, shopping is so much easier now! You can choose a doll and then go straight to the outfits to see what looks good on them.

(they have a service dog! I love it!)


They have some really cute other stuff now, too! Who do we know that I can buy American Girl stuff for? I miss saving up hundreds of dollars and spending it all on one of our Atlanta Boutique and Bistro outings :)

(Ok, i want this for me. this has always been my problem)


Hope this makes you go say hello to Leindeizsey, Kit, Jenna, Jean, Marisol, Kailey, Kelly, Mykaila, Nicki, Nellie, Julie, and Charley! and of course the horses, dogs, cats, monkeys, bunnies, and all the others, too!

p.s. this guy's website is really cool http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Main.html

1 comment: