I'm getting to a point where holidays feel very different than they did when I was younger. I blame this mostly on my keen awareness of time versus when I was a kid. When you're a kid, you don't really know what day it is, how long an hour is, or how much time has passed. And it makes holidays feel so long and exciting and special. I hate to say this but I feel like I've gotten to a point where holidays come and go just like the other days. That's not a bad thing - for the most part I like my days, but I do miss the magic of it a little bit. Some holidays are even really good, but they still come and go like any other day. Easter is soon, though, and for the first time in a while - neither Parrish or myself have to sing at the sunrise service - so that is really exciting! I miss going to Winder for Easter, though, which is what we used to do when P and I were little.
Today's pictures (more than 5 today!)
1. one of my room walls. I'm going to be taking everything down soon I think. Sad, but probably time.
2. steeple after Good Friday service
3. P and I went to lunch after one of her classes downtown. yummy restaurant called The Place - I had never been before
4. my first cleaning project this year was the guest room. I love how the light hits the bed now!
5. I have become one of those people with a million products
6. tonight I had the house to myself so I took a bath, watched Grey's Anatomy, and had some Lavender Ice cream from Jeni's
7. I ended up going to Publix and getting everything to make calzones. Second time making them and they were very delicious!